“Strategic technology trends have the potential both to create opportunity and to drive significant disruption“, says Gartner, the world’s leading research and advisory company, in its latest white paper. The firm identified 10 top strategic tech trends businesses should evaluate when implementing their innovation strategies in 2020.
In order to drive their five-year technology planning process, innovation leaders should consider :
- hyperautomation through robotics and AI
- multiexperiences including VR, AR and mixed reality
- democratization of business and technical expertise
- human augmentation (exoskeletons, sensory augmentation through VR…)
- transparency and traceability in order to respect and defend data privacy
- edge computing
- distributed cloud
- autonomous things
- protecting AI-powered systems from hacking
We’ve produced this graphic based on Gartner’s analysis to help you identify where you need to focus your innovation efforts in 2020. The first 5 tech innovations are people-centric while the 5 last refer to smart spaces. The full study is available at Gartner.