Drone manufacturer DJI, today unveiled the new Matrice 300 RTK (M300 RTK), a new inspection drone that integrates modern aviation features, advanced AI capabilities, a UAV health management system, and 55 minutes’ flight time. M300 RTK also comes with the Zenmuse H20 Series, DIJ’s first hybrid, multi-sensor camera.
The M300 RTK can support up to 3 payloads simultaneously and has a maximum payload capacity of up to 2.7 kg. It comes with new safety enhancements, including :
- AES-256 Encryption: for secure data transmission of the command & control uplink and video transmission downlink.
- AirSense (ADS-B technology): for enhanced airspace safety.
- Anti-Collision Beacon: for increased aircraft visibility, especially in low-light conditions.
- IP45 Protection Rating & Self-Heating Battery: for adverse weather conditions (-20 to 50° C).
- 6 Directional Sensing and Positioning System: offers a maximum detection range of up to 40 m horizontally, with options to customize the aircraft sensing behavior via DJI Pilot.
As with modern-day jetliners, the M300 RTK also offers an integrated UAV Health Management System to optimize fleet maintenance. It records the aircraft’s flight data throughout its entire lifecycle, and utilizes the drone’s hardware and software systems to understand current aircraft performance and determine when it should be serviced. Taking advantage of this new system, users can get a quick overview of all critical aircraft systems, manage firmware updates across an entire fleet, track pilot hours and review flight missions.
DJI also unveiled the Zenmuse H20 series, DJI’s first ever hybrid multi-sensor solution, allowing to capture any kind of images for industrial applications and public safety missions where immediate access to multiple layers of visions is important.
The H20 series comes in two versions:
- The H20, a triple sensor with a 20MP, 23x Hybrid Optical Zoom Camera, a 12MP Wide Camera, and a Laser Range Finder covering distances from 3m-1200m;
- The H20T, a quad sensor that adds a 640×512 Radiometric Thermal Camera, allowing operators to see what is invisible to the human eye thanks to high thermal sensitivity.
According to John McClain, Chief Drone Pilot at the Drone Aerial Response Team (D.A.R.T.) at Shell USA,
“Thanks to its 55 minutes flying time and its multiple sensor camera, the Matrice 300 RTK takes us a huge leap forward and will be very beneficial to us, saving time and enabling easy flights. By using these drones, we reduce the need to keep our employees at dangerous heights.”
READ ALSO: How Drones Can Help Fight Coronavirus
Improved Data Acquisition
When combined with the Zenmuse H20 camera series, the M300 RTK offers users different smart ways to optimize routine data collection missions such as power lines, railway and oil and gas inspections:
- The PinPoint function allows users to mark the subject of interest and instantly share the precise location data to a second operator.
- The Smart Track function allows users to automatically detect and track a moving object, even at extreme distances, while synchronizing the subject’s dynamic location in real time.
- The Live Mission Recording enables to record sample automated missions in real time;
- The AI-Spot Check enables data collection from exactly the same location every time. After photos from a sample waypoint inspection mission have been recorded, operators are able to mark the subject of interest. During subsequent automated flight missions, AI algorithms perform a comparison between the marked subject and current live view, thus correcting the camera orientation accordingly to deliver accurate and consistent results.
The Dual Operator Mode
New to DJI’s commercial drone platforms and exclusive to the M300 RTK, is Advanced Dual Operator Mode – multi-pilot control protocols that enable the execution of missions with enhanced safety, reliability and flexibility. The M300 RTK, when controlled by two pilots, gives each pilot equal access to gain flight control priority, the transfer of which is displayed by a series of icons on the DJI Smart Controller Enterprise. Now, if one pilot becomes compromised or their controller loses battery or connection, the other pilot gains full control over the M300 RTK and its payloads. Additionally, when training new pilots, the teacher/main pilot can safely take over flight control – if and whenever necessary.
The M300 RTK and Zenmuse H20 series are available for pre-order from official DJI Enterprise dealers and will start shipping in Q2 2020.